Kerwin and Keith Yarde never tire of talking Star Wars. The space fantasy binds them together as father and son.
Kerwin has been a Star Wars fan since he was twelve years old. Keith’s introduction to Star Wars was reading the Little Golden Books of the Skywalker Saga. Together, we took our fandom to a new level and created “Father and Son: A Star Wars Podcast” in March 2021, later becoming “Father. Son. Galaxy. A Star Wars Podcast.”
We are excited to share our passion with an ever-growing Star Wars community using multiple streaming platforms, our YouTube channel, and attending conventions such as the FANEXPO Philadelphia and Star Wars Celebration Anaheim in 2022.
“In Conversation” Series
The most rewarding aspect of producing the podcast is meeting people from all over the galaxy. For our “In Conversation” series, we interview actors, authors, content creators, musicians, and Star Wars executives.
Our past guests included:
- Writer David Shayne and Director Ken Cunningham of LEGO Star Wars: Terrifying Tales
- Producer Kanako Shirasaki and Executive Producer James Waugh of Star Wars: Visions
- Star Wars: The Bad Batch actors Dee Bradley Baker and Michelle Ang
- Disney Veteran Mark Daniel
- VFX Artist and 3D Generalist Yoshi Vu
- Authors Tom Huddleston and Crystal Velasquez
- Music teacher Katie Langer, conductor Damon Gupton, and harpist Ann Hobson Pilot
- Content Creators Dan Miller and Chris Ryons (Broaxium), Todd and Trent Hoffman (big T and Lil t), Darrel Pullie (Darrel’s Wonderland), Catherine LaSalle, Maria Marquez Toft (Sistas with Sabers), and Raphael Moran (The Geeky Dad Podcast)
Check out the 2021 Year in Review, which includes highlights of interviews and favorite moments.
In the News
The Philadelphia Inquirer, New York Post, Afrotech/Blavity and Newsy are some of the news outlets that featured our podcast.
When our interview with Stephanie Farr of The Philadelphia Inquirer went live, this happened! We received an unforgettable tweet from Mark Hamill (yes, Luke Skywalker), sending his best wishes! Thank you, Stephanie and Mark!
We have recorded nearly 100 episodes, comprising of book reviews, Disney+ episode breakdowns, trailer reactions, character studies, and original fan-made movies. Below are a few of our episodes.
Our podcast also features “Storytime with Maceo.” Our youngest member of our family joins us to encourage literacy and family reading time.
A Family Affair
This podcast is a family operation. Kerwin and Keith research and prepare the show notes. Keith also edits each episode. Tanya produces the podcast and manages marketing and promotion. Maceo contributes as well.
Patreon with a Purpose
In 2022, our goal is to expand their audience. We will continue our mission to produce informative and entertaining content, and keep our listeners and viewers engaged in our content and excited to see what happens next with the Yarde family. By becoming a Patreon member, you provide the financial support that helps our podcast grow. Watch the video below for more details and visit our Patreon page.